Of Ids and Superegos: A Dream Analysis

Tuesday, April 26, 2016


So last night, I dreamt I boarded a plane that had rows instead of individual seats, think vans.


Anyway, when the plane departed people made a mad scramble then suddenly, I had to sit on the foldable chair on the second row, instead of my initial seat at the left most spot of the said row. As I tried to lean on the main row's head rest, this teenager and I ended up in an elbow fight coz she wouldn't give me space. I got so pissed coz it was my row to begin with and they weren't even supposed to be there. We called the flight attendant and this teenager was trying to charm her way to the attendant and I remember thinking, fuck, she has an upperhand coz they look like they're enjoying the conversation and I was just like, "Miss, look at my boarding pass, this is supposed to be my seat!". To which the lady shooed off the teenagers and I got my row all to myself. Then as I was about to gloat, I saw the teenager take a seat at the cramped back row and saw her puke. It was then that I pulled her up and led her to my row, the foldable seat to be exact (ha!), and told her she could sit there, I just needed her to respect me and that we could co-exist. It was at this point she hugged me and apologized and asked me why I was being so nice.

Then being the psych major that I am, I tried to analyze my dream. And my verdict? The super ego confronting the id and getting the ego as the arbitrator.

Makes sense how my id pretty much ran the show a few nights back (and was crap enough not to let me remember anything, tsss, haha!).

But it's okay. I'm okay. We're okay. I hope you're okay.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe