Because I'm Okay

Wednesday, September 30, 2015


My boyfriend was checking out the latest season of Survivor the other night, the one where they flew in contestants from previous seasons for that much desired "second chance", when a conversation struck me. The "old timers" remarked on the difference of the game. Previously, it began with them actually trying to survive the island first and foremost, but now, it's mindgames and alliances before anything else. Even Jeff, the host (we're on first-name basis, haha) commented that *this* shift in the social battleground makes up a huge chunk of the game.

It reminded me of blogging. I've been blogging since the early 2000's, and the landscape has really changed. From journaling everyday thoughts, it has turned into a curated lifestyle display, or worst, tacky PR billboards. I somewhat found "success" for my style blog back in the day. I lost interest (and budget, ha!) and widened it up as lifestyle. But I suck at curation. I like everything. I enjoy pondering on things - mundane and otherwise - and writing down my thoughts. I define success as reading through my blogs and still finding nuggets of wisdom years later. I like having a website but I don't like not being able to fully utilise my blog the way I want to. I don't like freezing before producing something, anything, substantial or not, coz I'm worried about judgement. I want to write for myself and not for an audience. But I still like making my layout pretty.

So, now, we're here. A little corner of myself on the internet, by me and for me. No pretentions. No bullshit. Here's where I don't censor myself for fear of being "not good". Here's where I silence the voice in my head that says, "that's not nice". This isn't the regular Reg programming, and I hope you, if there's another you reading this, are okay with that. Because I am. I'm okay with embracing imperfections and my so-called dark side (not the lipstick,haha!). I'm learning to deal with not always being "ideal". I'm far from perfect and having my shit all together, but I'm okay


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe